In addition to my Bachelor of Arts in Economics and Finance, I am also qualified in Speech Communication disciplines. My educational background combined with my professional skills have enabled me to surpass high expectations by providing the right foundation, resources and process to drive sales strategies with clear planning and direction.
I have extensive experience in real estate and negotitations. I utilize a "hands on" philosophy to achieve end-to-end solutions. My social and communication skills give me the opportunity to engage, empower, and inspire my teammates to succeed under the most challenging of conditions and timelines.
I bring a win/win attitude to the table, while encouraging accountability and exceeding (not just meeting) performance goals. My professional attributes include strategic planning, dedication and follow through, as well as providing customized strategies for sales optimization. I welcome the opportunity to discuss and develop a strategy for reaching your real estate goals and objectives.
Sales Representative, Remax West Realty Inc.
2014 – Present
- Assisting clients with residential sales all over GTA
- Licensed since 2007
Project Manager, 1724626 Ontario Limited
2007 – 2012
- Led a syndication consisting of 10 members.
- Portfolio consisted of 60+ multi-units.
- Acted as the main point of contact between tenants, contractors, city officials, staff, and Board of Directors.
- Devised monthly financial and operational reports and conducted quarterly meetings to provide reports to shareholders.
- Consistently identified and implemented new procedures to ensure tasks are efficiently automated.
- Supervised and coordinated construction projects (capital improvements and tenant fit-up projects), structural and environmental inspections, maintenance and repair items, subcontractors and vendors, maintenance staff for contract requirements along with daily operational activities.
- Worked with project staff and supported them in book-keeping needs related to their program areas.
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of provincial and city law including residential tenancy act, fire, and retrofitting codes and asbestos protocol.
- Screened and managed prospective tenants, lease agreements, arbitrations, and evictions.
- Designed a website that creates advertisements for local magazines by utilizing social networking tools.
- Coordinated and organized logistics of viewing times with current and prospective tenants, leading to consistent 0% vacancy rate.
Book-Keeper, Epitome Management Limited
2008 – 2012
- Provided in-house book-keeping service and reported directly to the CEO.
- Prepared monthly financial statements for CFO and conducted annual meetings to discuss year-end financials, next years’ budget, and areas of improvement.
- Maintained year-end spreadsheets and assisted in the preparation of audits and independent reviews.
- Assisted in updating/maintaining policies and procedures documentation for financial and accounting issues.
- Maintained current knowledge of government changes and impacts on the organization’s book of accounts.
- Maintained books of account, prepared budget and maintained payables and receivables as well as attended to payroll services, T4 slips, WSIB payments, schedules of fees, bank reconciliation and bill payments including Insurance, utility bills, Property tax, mortgage payments, etc.
- Oversaw issuing of cheques/payment of invoices and monitored petty cash and post entries from receptionist’s monthly report.
- Prepared accounts receivable invoices, posted deposits, prepared bank deposits and processed credit card receipts.
- Calculated accounts payable allocations, posted invoices and prepared cheques for supplier invoices, government remittances as well as other expenditures.
- Coordinated with project staff and supported them in book-keeping needs, completed all payroll functions and monthly reconciliation for all accounts.
- Maintained, completed and systematically filed system to support book-keeping and financial records.
Investment Director, Merlin Investment Group
2002 – 2008
- Invested the funds of the corporation based on investment strategy adopted by the shareholders.
- Conducted financial evaluations, studies, and forecasts to determine new investment opportunities.
- Implemented a scorecard system to better analyze different investment vehicles such as: Mutual Funds Bonds, Stocks and GICs.
- Compiled and presented the results of analysis for corporation review and permission.
- Played an active part in ongoing activities of the corporation and conducted meetings and presentations to discuss potential funds investment opportunities.
Financial Assistant, Berkshire Securities Inc. (Co-op)
May – Sep 2004
- Received first-hand experience in a business environment by interacting with prominent clients.
- Responded to clients’ inquiries regarding their account and investment information.
- Informed clients on maturing market instruments and proposed new investment opportunities.
- Analyzed client’s portfolio holdings to ensure their goals are being met, researched various mutual funds and their fund holdings to answer any client questions.
- Analyzed different mutual funds specific to cantor towards clients risk tolerance needs.
- Responded to multiple requests from clients and investment advisors to correspond with their changing priorities.
Educational & Professional Qualifications
BA in Economics, Finance, and Speech Communication Disciplines, Waterloo University, Canada
2001 – 2006
Real Estate Agent Certification, Ontario Real Estate College, Canada
2003 – 2005